2/5/18

To Mason Remey

To his honor Mr. Remey

Upon him be Baha’u’l-Abha!

O thou who art rejoiced by the Divine Glad tidings!

Verily I have received thy last letter, and thanked God that than didst reach Paris protected and guarded by Him. Thank thou God that He assisted thee to behold the brilliant faces of the believers of God, and favored thee to meet them in American countries; for verily, beholding those shining countenances is a divine gift. By it, the hearts are dilated, the souls are rejoiced, and the spirits are attracted toward the Supreme Concourse.

Do not lament over the departure of my dearly beloved Breakwell. For verily, he has ascended to the luminous Rose-Garden in the Abha Kingdom, near the mercy of his Lord, the Almighty, and is crying out with the loudest voice: "0 that my people knew how my Lord hath forgiven me, and made me one of those who have attained to the meeting of God!"

O my dearly beloved! O Breakwell! Thou hast been a divine bird, and forsaking thy earthly nest, thou hast soared toward the Holy Rose-gardens of the Divine kingdom and obtained a Luminous Station, there!

O my dearly beloved! O Breakwell! Verily thou art like unto the birds chanting the verses of thy Lord, the Forgiving, for thou wert a thankful servant; therefore thou hast entered (in the Realm Beyond) with joy and happiness!

O my beloved O Breakwell! Verily thy Lord has chosen thee for His Love, guided thee to the Court of His Holiness; caused thee to enter into the Ridvan of His Association, and granted thee to behold His Beauty!

O my beloved! O Breakwell! Verily thou hast attained to the Eternal Life, never ending bounty, beatific bliss and immeasurable Providence!

O my beloved! O Breakwell! Thou hast become a star in the Most Exalted Horizon, a lamp among the angels of heaven, a living spirit in the Supreme World, and art established upon the throne of immortality!

O my adored one! O my Breakwell! I supplicate God to increase thy nearness and communication, to make thee enjoy thy prosperity and union (with Him), to add to thy light and beauty and to bestow upon thee Glory and Majesty.

O my adored one! O my Breakwell! I mention thy name continually, I never forget thee, I pray for thee day and night, and I see thee clearly and manifestly - O my adored one!  O Breakwell!

Convey my greeting to the attracted maidservant of God, Mrs. Jackson and announce to her the bounty of God and tell her: "Do not haste, neither be thou restless. Soon, verily, all the problems shall be solved (Literally: every knot shall be untied), and God shall unfold a spacious door, and the purpose shall be attained."

Concerning thy question whether all the souls enjoy Eternal Life: Know thou, those souls partake of the Eternal Life in whom the Spirit of Life is breathed from the Presence of God; and all beside them are dead, without life as Christ has explained (this matter) in the texts of the Gospel. Any person whose insight is opened by God, sees the souls in their stations after the disintegration of the bodies. Verily, they are living and are subsisting before their Lord and see also the dead souls submerged in the gulfs of mortality.

Then know thou, verily, all the souls are created according to the nature of God, and all are in the state of (unconscious) purity at the time of their birth. But afterward they differ from one another in so far as they acquire excellencies or defects. Nevertheless, the creatures have different degrees in existence in so far as the creation goes; for capacities are many, but all of them are good and pure (in their essence) then afterward they are polluted and defiled.

Although there are different states of creation, yet all of them are beneficial. Glance thou over the temple of man, its members and its parts: Among them is the eye, the ear, smelling and taste, hands and fingers. Notwithstanding the differences between these organs, all of them are useful in their proper sphere. But if one of them is out of order, there is need of a remedy, and if the medicine does not heal, then the amputation of that member becomes necessary.

Verily, I beseech Cod to make thee confirmed under all circumstances, Do not become despondent, neither be thou sad. Ere long, thy Lord shall make thee a sign of guidance among mankind.

Upon thee be greeting and praise!

(Signed) ‘Abdu’l-Baha Abbas
(Star of the West, vol. 5, no. 19, March 2, 1915)