10/18/14

To Dr. Fareed

Upon him be Baha’u’l-Abha!
He Is God

O thou servant of the Blessed Perfection!

Your epistle dated October 30th reached me at Ramleh….Regarding my coming to America and the assignment and preparation of homes or of places for me, I wrote a letter not long since through you to the maid-servant of God Lua (Getsinger) wherein I mentioned that abiding places in the hearts are needed; that is, the beloved in America must become united and assembled in love so that it may prove a magnet to attract Abdul-Baha. Thus will I journey to America with perfect love and zeal. When a fragrant breeze reaches my nostrils I will certainly come.

Convey my longing greetings to Mr. Kinney. Convey the utmost love to Mr. Lennon.

I am hopeful through the bounty of God that the assemblies which were visited by you in the company of Lua will flourish and grow in the spread of the glad-tidings.

Regarding the beloved and the maid-servants of the Merciful in New York, and their securing a home in My Name wherein they gather together -- in reality I am present among them in life and heart though absent in body.
Upon thee be greeting and praise!

(Signed) ‘Abdu’l-Baha Abbas
(Star of the West, vol. 1, no. 17, January 19, 1911)